Compatibility & Requirements
The latest version (v6) is compatible with EE4, EE5 and EE6 and requires EE 4.0.0+. The legacy version v5 is compatible with EE3 and requires EE 3.1.0+. The legacy version v4 is compatible with EE2 and requires EE 2.6.0+.
Installing and Updating
- Download and unzip the latest version of Low Search.
- Copy the low_search folder to your /system/user/addons directory.
- In your Control Panel, go to the Add-on Manager and install Low Search.
- In the Low Search settings, enter your License Key and save your settings (when installing).
To upgrade Low Search from a previous version, download and overwrite the files as per the installation instructions. Then just visit the module page in your Control Panel, and the add-on will be upgraded automatically.
Sometimes it’s necessary to rebuild the indexes for a certain new feature to take effect. If that is the case, it is mentioned in the changelog.
Upgrade to 2.0
When upgrading to version 2.0 from an older version, visit the settings page and fill in your license key.
Upgrade to 3.0
When upgrading to version 3.0 from an older version, you might need to make some changes to your templates. The Form tag no longer takes search filter parameters. Instead, you should move these parameters to the Results tag or add them as (hidden) input fields inside the Form tag. See how parameters work in Low Search.
Upgrade to 4.0
When upgrading to version 4.0 from an older version, take note of the following changes regarding the keywords filter:
- The Default Search Mode setting has been removed.
- The search_mode parameter now called keywords:mode and defaults to auto.
- The loose_ends parameter is now called keywords:loose.
- The min_score parameter is now called keywords:score.
- Devs: changed the parameters of the low_search_get_index_entries hook.