Channel Files Documentation
Installation and Updating
- Within the /system/expressionengine/third_party/ directory, copy the channel_files folder into your sites ./system/expressionengine/third_party/ directory.
- Within the /themes/third_party/ directory, copy the channel_files folder into your sites./themes/third_party/ directory.
- Go to the Modules area in the ExpressionEngine control panel, find Channel Files in the list, and click Install.
- Within your sites ./system/expressionengine/third_party/ directory, delete the channel_files folder and upload the new one from the /system/expressionengine/third_party/ directory in your download package.
- Within your sites ./themes/third_party/ directory, delete the channel_files folder and upload the new one from the /themes/third_party/ directory in your download package.
- Go to the Modules area in the ExpressionEngine control panel and click the Run Module Updates button.
Overview of Tags
Channel Files has five main template tags. However, template development should really occur using the actual short field name from your channel field setup. The Files Tag and the fieldtype are identical in use if you are using the field from within a Channel Entries loop.
This is the main tag of the Channel Files module. It is identical to using just the short name for the field. This tag would be used to create thumbnail displays or full image galleries. It is designed to show the files in the order in which they are laid out in the entry. In this tag you have access to all the variables or “sizes” as called in your channel field settings.
Grouped Files Tag
The grouped_files tag sorts the images by category. Where the Files tag lays out the images in order. This tag first groups the files by category and then show the files within that category in the order in which they are laid out in the entry.
This tag is designed for local file uploads only. When the tag runs it will zip all the files from that entry together.
WYGWAM Editor Compatibility
In order use with the WYGWAM WYSIWYG editor, you will need to install the folders in this zip file in the following locations: