Installation & Upgrading
Download and extract the Transcribe zip file from your Account page on EEHarbor.com and then follow these steps:
- Copy /transcribe/ to /system/user/addons/ (or wherever you keep your third-party add-ons)
- Copy /themes/transcribe/ to /themes/user/transcribe/
- Install the add-on package from Add-On Manager » Third Party Add-Ons
- Click on "Transcribe" in the Third Party Add-ons listing to go into Transcribe
- Click on "License" from the left sidebar and enter your license key (see the License Key note below).
- Follow the rest of the instructions in the Getting Started documentation
Once you've downloaded and extracted Transcribe for ExpressionEngine, copy the 'system/expressionengine/third_party/transcribe' directory into the 'system/expressionengine/third_party/transcribe' directory of your ExpressionEngine installation.
Next, log into your ExpressionEngine control panel and install the module and the extension from the 'Modules' section.
- Follow the installation instructions for your EE version (i.e. copy files to add-on location)
- Run the module updater:
- For EE3+: In Add-On Manager » Third Party Add-Ons, click "Update to X" button
- For EE2: In the Add-ons » Modules section, click the "Run Module Updates" button in the upper right
- Enter your License Key into the License section of the add-on (see the License Key note below).
- If you are unable to use the new
exp:transcribe:entriestag, you can use the temporary legacy parsing fallback config option (note: this will be removed in Transcribe 4).
If you are using the Transcribe Fieldtype in your EE2 site, you MUST uninstall just the fieldtype before migrating Transcribe to EE3+.
If you have already migrated to EE3+ and did not uninstall the fieldtype, you will have to delete the Transcribe fieldtype row from your database's `exp_fieldtypes` table manually.
You must have a valid license key to use Transcribe on a production website.
A valid license requires you to add your Production Domain and Staging Domain (if you have one) in the license details on your Account page on EEHarbor.com.
Failure to enter a valid license key will cause the add-on to cease to function on a production website.
You do not need to enter your local development domains unless you are using a non-standard TLD (like .zombie or something).